Thursday 4 April 2013

Last full day

Our trip is coming to an end and we have a very long trip looming ahead of us.  Today, I was tired.  I'm ready for home.  I miss healthy food, my dog, my Mum, my own bed and QUIET!  There has been constant background noise for 2 weeks and I just long for stillness. 

We headed back to Disney World today and I was determined to use public transport so we had to take 2 busses.  It was lovely to get back onto Disney property - such friendly staff and happy guests.  The weather was quite chilly and rain was forecast, so there weren't many people at Typhoon Lagoon and we could do the waterslides without waiting too long.  They were lots of fun but not as scary as other water parks.  There was a really great ride which had 3 routes that you took on a double tube and it was like a rollercoaster because it went down AND up.  They also have the largest pool in the world there and it is a wave pool - making an enormous, powerful 6ft wave every 2 minutes.  It was great.  We stayed for about 2 hours and did all the slides and then I was cold.  So we all had tattoos done and then headed off.

I wanted to go back to Hollywood Studios so that the kids could see the Little Mermaid show.  We had to get another 2 busses to get there and then we had to queue for over an hour.  I got irritable and grumpy.  We were the last people to get in the theatre and couldn't find 3 seats together so went right to the back and I sat on a vacant wheelchair.  Luke refused to sit on "somebody else's" wheelchair so he sat on the floor where he couldn't possible see the stage.  I got furious with him and instructed him to sit on the damn wheelchair.  Then later when he asked for a gobstopper, I refused to get it for him because he hadn't said "please".  I'm just tired and ready to go home and I'm afraid that I got a bit grumpy.

Then it started to rain.  We got ANOTHER 2 busses down to Downtown Disney because we wanted to go to Disney Quest.  Our fairy must have been cross with me for shouting at Luke because our tickets had expired and DQ was full anyway.  So then we went to wait for ANOTHER bus to take us to SeaWorld and we waited for nearly an hour. 

Eventually I gave up and we hailed a cab and travelled back to SeaWorld quickly and in style. 

SeaWorld was great and we all perked up.  We saw 3 great shows.  The first one was "Pets Ahoy" which was about 30 mins of dogs, cats, rats, birds and pigs doing some amazing stuff that the SeaWorld trainers had taught them to do.  It was especially great because all the animals had been saved from animal shelters.  The kids loved it.


We also went on the Journey to Atlantis simulated helicopter trip to the Arctic Circle.  And we walked through this amazing pipe of sharks.


Then we went to a comedy show with some sea lions where they mocked the rest of the shows at SeaWorld.  It was really funny.

And then finally, we went to another Shamu show (the killer whale).

Luke and I got to ride on the Manta one final time - it really was like flying.  Ali looked after the bags.  And then the kids went down the wet ride twice and got absolutely soaked through. 

So it all ended up fine, but it hasn't been the best day.  To airport tomorrow.  Really looking forward to getting home.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you did everything you have always wanted to do, and with 2 perfect companions of the absolute right age. Will think of you winging your way home tonight and hope you manage to get in lots of sleep. And Luke, enjoy the reading time. Beaut cool weather here, and the dogs really dying to see you. Belle knows something is up. Looking forward to hugs
    Sal xx

    ReplyDelete